Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Sunday, November 23, 2014

T-t-t-t- Tigers

I realize now that Friday class had more good about it than bad. Like one of the girls groups came up wth this song. 

T-t-t-t- Tiger, tigers, tigers....T-t-t-t- tigers, tigers ROAR!

They danced all around with tiger claws and then jumped into a pose at the end. The finished product on stage after one day was nervous and not as strong as the rehearsal. But the thing is, I have it stuck in my head. 
I had been thinking of all the Kung Fu stuff we had to get through before we got to the "Fun" stuff. But instead I should just turn this class on it's head and focus on learning from the kids, instead of showing them Kung Fu. I mean we still did punches and forms right? And that took like 10 minutes. I forgot that doing 1000 punches once a week is useless anyway, that they will have to practice on their own to get better. 

I mean I did have all those girls punch the pad and do forms. Even the boys did the form. Then the groups made up their own forms. They can practice and perfect those and perform those at the end of the year. I mean that Tigers thing was already pretty cool, and simple, and I never would have come up with it myself. 

In fact, I may use it in my other classes. I've already started doing it around the house because like I said, it's stuck in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment