Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Friday, November 7, 2014

Thanks for the Birthday wishes!

You know I really like looking at all the Facebook happy birthdays. I also like wishing people happy birthday. Say what you will about it being virtual and not "real" but I liked how a Google program wished me happy birthday, and I like how Facebook now has a little cake with exploding fireworks. I mean it's the thought that counts. And even if a program doesn't have to think, it's actually my thought that counts. It makes me feel positive to receive and type in Happy Birthday. It's not a waste of time. It's like a little ritual. In fact it's practically the only thing I actually do on Facebook.

It was also Peg's mother's birthday on Peg + Cat. Actually her birthday is the 30th of some month, but that episode was on today. Peg's mom turns 30. That means I'm actually older than Peg's mom. How old is Peg? I always thought of her as definitely older than Noah. I mean her math skills are around the same, but she's out doing her own thing with her cat, she's at least in first grade right? So Peg's mom is actually pretty young compared to the mother's I usually see on the playground. Or maybe Peg's mom had to be a number divisible by ten. So it was 20 years old, which means she had Peg at 14, 30 years old, which means she had Peg at 24, or 40 years old, which means she had her at 34.  To have her at 44 would be dangerous I guess.

Jonah saw this episode and offered me a kite that Noah made 3 years ago or so for a birthday present. Actually I really enjoyed it! Peg got her mom rocks. 30 of them. I guess that would be cool but then what would I do with them?

I was going to do something with the boys, but it's actually one of their friends birthdays and there is a party on Sunday so I don't have to do anything. In fact I may even pretend they are singing happy birthday to me instead. It's okay, it was suggested by the friend's father.

People also suggested I should go out and go nuts tonight, as it is a Friday. Pretend I don't have kids. I think if I were to pretend I don't have kids, I might get in trouble. I am considering going to a free Ballet Class I have a coupon for and which expires next week. I mean that's not exactly clubbing, but I think it is a fair substitute. Plus it's free. Plus it would challenge my brain and body. I guess I'll do it, no reason not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment