Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Noah's first hide and seek.

Noah played Hide and seek at the playground with a new friend today. I think it was the first time he actually played this game for real. The other boy said, "Okay I'll count and you hide." and he began counting. But obviously Noah didn't quite understand the rules because he ran to another pole and started counting as well. "15! Okay here I come!" said the other boy.
"15! Hahahahhahehhehee!"
"I found you!" the both said. The other boy was confused but Noah seemed to think that actually this was how the game was played.
"No you were supposed to hide." There was a second attempt. Noah hid behind... well Noah was caught because he was sort of still deciding where to hide. Then it was Noah's turn to be it.

"Okay here I come!"
The other boy had hid behind a bench. But Noah seemed to think that he would only hide on the play structure. I was cracking up from the first attempt.
"Where you are!" Noah yelled worried.
"He might be in another part of the playground Noah." I offered after much too long of a time.
The boy hiding was getting confused and indeed impatient. I guess I should point out that Noah is four and the other boy might have been older.

He eventually stood up and Noah eventually found him and ran over to him giggling.
"I found you!"
"Okay I'm it now what should I count to?"
I didn't hear what Noah said but I heard the boy respond, "I'm not going to count to 99."

Anyway they played again. The game eventually ended and eventually me and Noah played. I guess the closest we have ever came to this game was in the house and it was more informal. The kids will just hide under the covers when they are looking for them and I will pretend not to see them even though they are yelling, "Say where's Shao Bao!" or "Say where's Dai Dai!"

I guess hide and seek is a lot more fun when you are young and not as good as it. I mean playing within the limits of a playground of course. I actually cheated every time by peaking (which surprisingly Noah did not do. I guess because I cheated against myself when trying to find him too.) Anyway it was good that I peaked because at first Noah tried to hide outside of the playground and for all I know he was headed to hide under a car. Come to think of it, I can recall playing hide and seek and cops and robbers by hiding under cars and in alley ways. But we were older. Anyway I suspected Noah might do that. Which is why I had to cheat. You know, to be a responsible parent. Honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment