Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Easter Egg Hunt



I didn't get a chance to recap this event earlier.

Noah really enjoyed making Easter Eggs together. But Jonah didn't really get the concept of decorating eggs, He just wanted to break them open, and then eat them. Only before finishing one egg and eating it, he kept on moving on to the next egg. The result was I made a lot more eggs than we were finally able to eat. But first to the hunt.

We did Church and then went home and I quickly real eggs as well as chocolate stuff in the back yard (which we borrowed from our neighbor.)

I was expecting more screaming and yelling but ultimately the hunt involved two kids and there were more eggs than could fit in their baskets. After their baskets were filled they didn't really feel the need to get more.
"I won!" Noah said. Yes yes you won Easter.
To get them to "find" the rest of the eggs I had to get them to dump their loot with me and then go find the rest. Jonah didn't really seem to get was going on exactly, and I was worried that the eggs would be uneven so I said we had to divide our loot evenly like good pirates. (We've been doing a lot of Pirate stiff thanks to Peppa Pig.)
But they weren't that worried about it. They was so much chocolate. In fact there was no way I was going to allow them to eat all that anyway. It kind of made me wonder if there was a better way of going about this.


Anyway. I ate gite a few eggs and Grace made egg salad over the next coupe of days. Oh yeah, this year our eggs actually looked like Easter eggs because instead of a mixture of water and vinegar, it was straight Vinegar. But this whole week Noah has been asking to decorate more eggs. I don't have a problem with that, except that we hadn't finished the eggs we made yet. And then at some point, I ate an egg salad sandwhich that Jonah had left out, and I had stomach pain all that night. I was afraid to try the stuff that had stayed in the fridge, and nobody else in the family seemed to understand the importance of finishing the Easter eggs first before buying or eating scrambled eggs or other forms of protein.

I recall wooden and even a special polished stone egg from my childhood. Maybe we should do stuff like that. Or I could do what they do for another Holiday (the name of which I forgot) where the egg yolk and white is taken out of the shell by means of a pin and then the shell is decorated. Then I could just save the shells a few weeks earlier. I think they stuff them with confetti and throw them at people. I could have done something like that at the Kung Fu park. Well next year maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment