Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Monday, April 21, 2014

Churching on Easter

Well we did the Church thing as a family on Easter. Noah has had it with Church I think. And Jonah, who really wanted to come and dress up, I guess didn't realize what it was. There was a speaker in Cantonese. I think he was from Hong Kong because he looked Indian. And why else would you speak such fluent Cantonese unless you were from Hong Kong. But people sometimes assume the same thing about me, but anyway that is my immediate stereotypical guess.
"That guys talking! Why's he talking?" said Jonah really loud. Come to think about it we've never been in a place where one person is talking and a bunch of people are just sitting there listening.

Grace eventually took Jonah downstairs. Noah hid and drew in his journal, which is okay by me. Then he started running along the bench. Which is not okay by me. I know I said I was going to drop him with the group of children, but there are a few differences between them and him. First of all they are older. Secondly, we came in a little late and I can't just drop him off without handing him to a teacher. I suppose when he is older I can. But when I can do that, he can probably also sit with me, and sitting with the kids would be more of a social thing.


Well we made it through Church, and on the way out Fr. Shen made to bless us. The problem is the first part of the Catholic blessing looks a lot like the bow in Woo Ching White Crane (whose bow is a Buddhist posture) So subconsciously my hand also came up to mirror his and there was a brief awkward moment before I tried to play it off and pretend my hand had simply been going to shake is hand. Oops.

"Next week!" I said excitedly, because next week my children will be baptized.

"Next week he nodded" smiling but probably also wondering what it was I had just done and why.


After that we came back and did our Easter Egg hunt. But that story will have to wait because Noah is bugging me to play PBS kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment