Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Taking care of yourself.

The Parenting Journey group has started up and one of the questions we were asked to reflect on and answer was what we did this week to take care of ourselves. My answer to the class was this blog, because this little exercise, of having an adult conversation (with myself) is my way of not going insane. Recently Jonah has been asking me the same questions over and over and over, and not only that, they are the same questions he heard Noah ask me. I can guess that the reason why he does this is to start polite conversation, to interact with me. Except that it's like a piercing sword through my own thoughts that he will start screaming "WHY ARE YOU 30 YEARS OLD!!!!" when I pause because I didn't necessarily hear or understand him the first time. Or maybe I was explaining something to Noah. I guess it's a cry for attention, and both children simultaneously battle to have me answer THEIR addition question, or THEIR question about who knows what. But if it is a new question say, about why trains go faster than Noah even though Noah is running, as I try to explain it, and put real thoughts into words, they will just talk over me with another question or some other statement. Well it's annoying.

I think part of the reason why I have been more irritable and unable to tolerate such questions as much, might have something to do with the tooth that I am suppose to have pulled in a week. The problem is it has started throbbing now. But I can wait 9 days right? I mean the appointment is already set up.

At one of the last appointments they asked if they wanted to pull all the teeth now. It was a few of them. But I couldn't do it because I had Jonah with me. It's unfortunate because it was during quiet time of day. And I would be done by now. But I can wait 9 days right?


No comments:

Post a Comment