Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Lion Dance for the Mayor

Today Noah and Jonah performed for ABCD Chinese Church Headstart Brain Building Fair. I'm not sure why the Church is in there but it's part of the government funded Headstart program.
Noah did pretty well, but Jonah wanted to be head too and simply wouldn't stay in the tail. In any case, he tripped and fell out at one point, kicking and screaming in protest. This actually got a lot of laughs.
Noah did his little dance thing but was confused because there was not chiang. I had put a water bottle out there but I guess he wanted the usual oranges and stuff. Then I did some Kung Fu.

Then we were to welcome the Mayor with the fanfare of drumming. While we were waiting we got a picture with Michelle Wu. And then the Mayor arrived. We drummed, we walked behind him. and then Noah got really mad at me for not waiting for him. I was on the drum so I couldn't wait. I knew he would either follow me, or one of the many child care type people would direct him to me. In any case I wasn't afraid he would get lost in a day care building. I could still see him. But he was mad at me all the way to school. I figure it's a good way for him to start to learn that he needs to follow me sometimes.

Anyway we got a picture with Mayor Marty Walsh too and they boys got to give him hi fives and fist pounds. Lots of fun. I heard the Mayor is very personable, but he was even more so than I expected. He spent a good long time with my kids. Well I hope they remember that. Probably the picture will help. Noah was cheerful and happy for the whole time. Then walking back to school he remembered he was still mad at me. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment