Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Friday, March 14, 2014

Gripping the ground.

I've been focusing on gripping the ground in my stance recently. Oddly enough I suppose one of the reasons I have been doing this is because it's "easier" than focusing on running around for long periods of time, or doing other sorts of focuses that are not practical to focus on in a house while watching children. But pretty much I can focus on gripping the ground while jogging along side Noah while pushing Jonah in a stroller as Noah runs down the street, while spotting Jonah at the playground (because to actually practice at this time means taking at least some attention off of Jonah and putting it into my strike of other type of move) and even when I do have time, because the children are accounted for, gripping the ground is sort of a yogic type of focus that doesn't have to be done in a very low stance (it should be but doesn't have to be) and is something that you can ease into. It's better than focusing on speed in your basics right off the bat, because you can pull something. It's like taking it easy in a very hard, powerful way.

Well I did that while I did a morning session of basics. I usually start off with Mein Lay Jum but today I did 100 basics each. Not sure which one I prefer in the morning. I guess normally I don't have time for all those basics, but since the grandparents were here, Noah was off my back and eating breakfast, and Jonah was still sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment