Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Morning Free style stretching

I've been waking up and getting into various positions. You could call them Yoga positions or Kung Fu moves, or Chin Gung. But instead of doing the moves in a predetermined sequence and in fact instead of doing the moves "properly" I've kind of been stretching like a cat and crawling around like an animal, then turning over and getting into positions that stretch or work out the abs or the arms, or then doing some punches. But without "reps" or holding this for a certain amount of seconds or any sort of order or streucture. Obviously I move into moves I am familiar with and I started to count to 100 for the punches, but then, since the kids were up, I had to grab something for Grace, or let the kids ride on my back or whatever. So instead of getting frustrated that I had been "interrupted", I just went with the situation and tried to go with what the kids were doing. At the same time, I didn't just stop and "forget about it." I still did something. The Mein lay jum in the morning was nice. But it doesn't work if the kids wake up. And I guess I need something that does. A few stretches were also positions that look like you are shooting an arrow way up high. That's cool because as I mentioned before Noah's really into bows right now. Jonah likes his bow, but he isn't as attached to it. I was planning on making a better bow today, and I think maybe I should make one that isn't so much for shooting, but is more for strength training. I guess that's what those old fashioned stretchy things were for. But even though the bow is bigger, it makes for a cooler prop. Especially with kids. Maybe I could make an "archery yoga" Different stances while gripping the bow and pulling it. Shooting each other with the pool noodles has been fun too.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment