Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Friday, March 7, 2014

A new flat faced Lion Head

Yesterday I made a flat faced lion head with Jonah. Yes Jonah was actually able to help me because all I did was make handles for the head first, the head being a flat board, and then we pasted color paper on to make the face. It was sort of a test, but ended up looking pretty good. In fact, it looks cute which is good for a child's head. It is also light, which is also good. I could figure out how to make handles before becaus ethe first flat faced lion head I made, oh so long ago, was painted onto cardboard. I painted it first and then I couldn't make handles that stayed on, or which didn't cover the painting of the face. But by starting with the handles first, we were able to then just paste the colored paper right over that. Plus the crisp lines and bright colors of cut out paper really makes the face pop. Now I just need a tail, but I won't have that by tomorrow. I plan on dying on old sheet red. Maybe when other people see how simply this one is made, and how it is two dimensional and therefore won't take up any space, the will make their own and we can have a few of them for the wake up the earth parade in May. Of course after Noah saw the Lion Head he wanted to make one with me too. So I will have to try and work that in either today or tomorrow. I really won't have time once he gets home from school so that project will probably be a Saturday activity. Plus Jonah created a Gordian knot with the string I was using, and the handles were kite handles (so was the string) from Kites that had become stuck in a tree or broken, and were therefore trash, so I didn't mind Jonah experimenting with it.

Well it's about nap time now. Let's see if Jonah will go down.

No comments:

Post a Comment