Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Monday, March 24, 2014

Mommy Hulk

The other day Grace took the children upstairs while I did dishes. There was screaming and crying as usually happens when the protest to taking a bath, and as usual Grace called me upstairs because even though the deal was she would take them upstairs and give them baths if I did dishes, I would now have to stop doing dishes leave them, because whatever was going on with them was so urgent that I would have to put off dishes until tomorrow, and I would give them baths. Well when I went upstairs I got an unexpected surprise. Not only did Grace have her night make-up on (which is green) but she also put the Hulk headband she had bought for me to wear for Halloween two years ago.
"This seemed like a good idea" she said to me.
Jonah was crying, "I'm scared of mommy Hulk. I don't like mommy Hulk." And Noah was trying to shoot her with his bow and foam arrows, also occasionally using the foam noodle as a sword to strike her, and then retreat. When I got up there they cowered behind me. Grace dropped something or other and I told Noah to go pick it up for her. He did as he was told, but apparently was shaking and then ran back to me for protection. Jonah was more scared of Hulk than Noah had ever been, and Noah sort of knew it was mommy but still was not sure enough to go near her.
I guess Grace had the idea that they would obediently take their baths if the Hulk told them to do so. But instead they became so afraid as to be beyond reason and Noah simply revolted in violence. So much for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment