Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Saturday, March 15, 2014

An early Saturday morning

Noah woke up at 6:30am this morning to go see Gong Gong. But Gong Gong was asleep. Amah was up and in the bathroom. "Hey how come she don't wear any pants?" Noah said. From my peripheral vision I did indeed note this to be true, but instead of answering I quickly walked into the darkened living room to change the subject as well as my line of sight.

We ended up watching the third episode of Fabric of the Cosmos, the Quantum Leap episode.

"You watch this? I thought you watch cartoon." said a fully clothed A-mah to Shao. She then started fussing over this and that and saying that if he laid on his side under the covers that his eyes would become tilted and he would walk with his head tilted and parallel to the ground. I finally snapped at her.

I noticed that when Noah or Jonah go to her to play, she will ignore them and send them off to anyone else. But once we actually engage in an activity with them and are in the middle of it, she will come an interfere. You are watching a movie? watch this movie instead. You are playing a game? Play this one instead.

Anyway Noah commented that some Atoms are small and that some Adams are people. I tried to explain that there was a difference in spelling. He did get very excited when he started hearing about Adam's for the first time on this show. It's a process.

He really does like this Fabric of the Cosmos series though. Their are plenty of visually pleasing aspects to the show. Plus I also like watching it. I'm sure he is picking up something. And I always pick up something upon re-watching it. I wish I had been exposed to all of these ideas in such a way as a child. After all, Quantum physics is really pretty old at this point. And the stuff in the series (which may even be outdated by now, about the quantum computer amazed me. If we can have computers that computer things simultaneously and have "brains" the size of a grain of sand imagine all the devices that will come out?

Anyway, me and Noah will be off to the Kung Fu park soon. Jonah will stay inside today I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment