Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Art Projects

Noah has been making "books" the first one was really cool. But now they have become sort of ungainly and clumsy. For instance, he came home with three of them the other day, stapled haphazardly in a way that you could not actually open them and turn the pages like a book. I asked if he wanted me to reorganize the three books into one book that would be easier to carry around instead of the monstrosity of paper, fanned out and staples together at odd angles, that he is now carrying back and forth from school everyday. Of course today I forgot to put it in his cubby. But back to the book, he would have none of my suggestion. I asked how he even got his hands on a stapler and who helped him to staple this. He also wanted to hang it up but this also proved difficult because it is heavy and not at all symmetrical.


Meanwhile Jonah has been drawing on the walls. There is a new scribble in the dining room that Grace is mad about. But the more I looked at it, the more it looked like a tree. He drew it right next to our world map. Yesterday I took a picture of it because it has the freedom of a scribble and yet it is a tree. I want to use it or a version of it as a symbol one day I think. Grace's parents are coming up today and I know that Amah may very well take it upon herself to wash it off the wall. So I pt tape under it and wrote "Tree of Life" and then I actually wrote in quotations under it, "World Tree."
There I have labeled it. And once you label something it becomes important. Clearly it is a something instead of a nothing or a scribble, with an important label, words and titles of importance, and therefore less likely to be washed off the wall when I am not looking. Well we'll see how that works.

No comments:

Post a Comment