Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Impacted Tooth

Recently my tooth started hurting. Actually it is the root of a tooth that is no longer there. I had it pulled a while back when I didn't have dental insurance. I paid in cash and it was a reasonable price. The ghost tooth hurts now because My wisdom tooth is now pushing against the root. At least that's what I think.
I put this idea together not just by pulling it out of thin air or off the internet, it's just snippets of stuff I remember from dentist visits. "You'll have to take all your wisdom teeth out for" (insert a a very high number for a high school student here. My mom was alive for that visit and looked worried when they told her what "could" happen.
"Just leave it, that's all bullshit" I told her when she got that "somehow I'll get the money" look.
What seemed like an entire lifetime later, I had pain in college, and when I was living at a Kung Fu school. S friend of a friend told me about a Dental office in Chinatown that was reasonable for patients without insurance. Except I can't even remember where it was. He told me something about extracting those Wisdom teeth too but the price was so high, and a root canal,  and he said he could just pull the tooth for today for a cheaper price.

Then just recently I got a free cleaning in JP and they told me that all my wisdom teeth were in (yay) and then something about how one was impacted and that if it started to hurt it would have to be removed.

I brushed off that last comment thinking, "whatever pain is in the mind." Well my mind can't seem to block it out too well, so I guess I'll have to take care of this now.

No comments:

Post a Comment