Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Dim Sum Fall out

As the carts passed by there was a new item, little green balls that had caught Jonah's eye. They turned out to be durian filled pastries and believe or not the kids like them fine. The problem came when Noah and Jonah started talking about where they came from. (Noah did not come to Friday Dim Sum because he had school.)
"I got this from yum cha!" siad Jonah happily.
"Noooooo!" said Noah with the o's going down then up in a sing song voice that come to think of if is specific to Cantonese. "You got them from the box!"
"I got them from the yum cha!" said Jonah again smiling and walking away. Noah just looked at him like he was a fool. How could he possibly have gotten them from dim sum when I Noah wasn't also there at dim sum? I just saw you get it out of the take out box. (never mind where the take out box itself came from)
What did I say? Of course I said nothing and snarfed my breakfast of last nights leftovers. Eventually the durian pastries would be eaten and the problem would be solved. Let's all get ready to go to Kung Fu Park children! Moving On!

No comments:

Post a Comment