Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Monday, December 2, 2013

Movie and a vote

Yesterday me and Noah went to watch Toy Story at the Library. I guess that Wreck it Ralph is still Noah's favorite of all the movies that we have seen there. But I'm sure he liked this one too. I mean, he didn't ask many questions or make much noise. I watched Toy Story in the Theaters too, probably after I was "too old" to watch such a movie, with my Aunt Dotsy. Who is actually my Great Aunt and godmother.
I thought of how a lot of the stiff that I wanted to did as a kid, I have been able to do for my children for way cheaper, if not completely free.Thank Boston Public Library.

After that little adventure we went to Chinatown where I went to vote for neighborhood council. I ran into a little resistance at first. You are supposed to be a Chinatown Resident or Asian in order to vote. So the first question was "Where do you live?" Luckily Felix Liu was there and assisting with running the election I think and vouched for my Asianess. Though in retrospect my I.D. has my name (last name Cheung) and still has the old address when I used to live in Chinatown (the Kung Fu school) But I'm not going to lie just to vote for such a thing. I mean, if I wasn't Asian I really wouldn't give a crap about such an election. And irocincally I am pretty sure almost everyone on the ballot were not Chinatown residents. But I understand why the rules are the way they are. Chinatown is disappearing and I'm pretty sure most non Asians still want a Chinatown to exist, whether or not you want to live there. Just the same way I want the North End to exist, or frankly wished there were more neighborhoods that, upon walking through them, you are able to see a culture other than your own. Why would you want everywhere to be the same and completely bland?

Well today I'm going to get to see  dentist hopefully thanks to Tufts Dental School. I don't have insurance until January, but I'm not sure I can hold out until then with this tooth. I guess I'm just a wuss. What I've relearned from this little experience that anyone in any kind of pain, however minor, or major (like most old people) have a short temper and probably have very little problem inflicting pain on others, since they are already in pain.  That's why you shouldn't mess with the elderly. Not just because it isn't right, but because if this organ or that joint is giving them constant pain they will shoot you and have no moral qualms about it. Just another reason to respect your elders.

No comments:

Post a Comment