Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Going to the movies

On Saturday Grace and I got to go and watch Gravity in 3D at Superlux. We even got to eat dinner while we watched, which sounded so awesome. But in practice, it is difficult to eat a full meal while watching a movie in 3D. I think I was stress eating the entire time, plus since it was like a date night I kept worring I would get ketchup on my clothes or something. Plus afterward we wanted to go eat but ... we weren't hungry anymore. We should have just split an appetizer. The tickets were sort of expensive but itwas worthit. actually the most expensive part of the night was our babysitter. She was Noah and Jonah's old teacher though so they were really excited about seeing her.
This was the first time in a long time that we had been to the movies and I started thinking about when I could bring the kids to a movie, and how much it would cost.
The next day was Saturday. In the afternoon I brought Noah to the Central Branch library, Jonah stayed home and napped. Low and behold they were playing a movie in the Rabb Lecture Hall. This is like a real movie theater, and the movie was Wreck it Ralph, which was really awesome. Noah loved it and so did I. I couldn't believe it. Now you can watch these awesome movies for free. I think I knew about this before but I just didn't feel it would be different than watching a movie at home. But it is. Itw as really an experience for Noah and me. And you can't beat that it was free.
The first movie I remember going to was Police Woman, with my dad in Chinatown. My dad didn't feel well and we had to leave early with me kicking and screaming.
The next one I remember was with my mom and it was the ninja turtles. I liked it a lot, but I don't think I would take Noah to that necessarily.
Actually I think the movies at the library are not only better because they are free, and not crowded, but they obviously are going to pick family friendly movies and if for some reason it doesn't work out, we cane just leave, no harm done. Plus it's so convenient to get there. I have the schedule taped on our wall. Nov 17 they play the Princess Bride. Whatever that is, I'm sure Noah will love it. Jonah will nap because it is his nap time, and me and Noah will have another little library movie adventure. Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment