Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Meinlei jum in the morning

This morning, the kids woke up earlier than they have been, and when I said, "Okay children!" and started doing mein lei jum (similar to tai chi), They actually started following along with me. I couldn't believe it! Granted I didn't even try doing the whole form. And after a short period of time they stopped following along but I got up to about 25% of the way through, the amount you would teach a beginner (adult) to start with, and then stopped. They didn't scream for me to do anything else. This is progress. I can do this every morning. Now granted it's not really much of a work out for me, but it is something. It is something that we can conceivably do every day and build on from there. Some I'm pretty psyched about it

No comments:

Post a Comment