Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Monday, July 1, 2013

Gardens

I don't have much time to trim hedges. The reason why is because trimming hedges is not really a small child friendly activity. There are too many possibilities of injury or death from the equipment and the cars on the street. These weekend I did not only trim our hedges but I made a deep cut into them because they had gotten so wide that I was not able to reach into the middle to cut that part. Anyway our neighbor who shares the house and therefore the hedges with us was upset. Perhaps if I had cute them back more gradually. Perhaps this perhaps that. They will grow back, but they don't look as green as everyone else's right now. But before they were more unkempt and overwhelming than everyone else's. To the point where walking down the sidewalk you had to tilt your head to avoid them. They had to be cut back at some point.
I haven't cared about gardening or anything like that in the past, but now I am starting to look at other people's garden's. The truth is, those hedges and the garden are shared but really they belong to downstairs and since the house is Grace's even the small part that is hers is not mine. I have no say in how to garden the downstairs or how to pick this or that, but because I am able bodied I feel somewhat responsible for the work. But then I am more responsible for making sure my kids are growing and playing etc. than plants so it is only when they are being watched that I will even consider doing something else. Unless of course that something else could safely involve them.
Grace is talking about wanting to move to Quincy.
At first I didn't like the idea of leaving this Jamaica Plain neighborhood. Yeah there aren't Chinese supermarkets down the street, but I love the parks, playgrounds and open minded hippy atmosphere.
But then I remembered my condition for moving elsewhere. Before it was someplace in Illionois, or Seattle. The condition was, the downstairs and the yard is going to be a Kung Fu school.
I guess my dream is to have a beautiful looking school like Mr. Miyagi in the Karate kid movies, and of course to have more students than just some skinny Danial-san. (I have that covered beacause I have two sons) And somehow to have enough money to survive. Miyagi had a plant shop or those cars or something. I guess I live off Grace. But potentially I could bring in some income teaching Kung Fu or doing treatments. Which was another part of the condition, the Kung Fu school and Garden on the first floor wouldn't just be for me only,  but would be for potentially teaching students other than family members and bringing in Money.
Anyway, I've been dreaming and thinking of such things recently. I like my life now, with the projects and Kung Fu playgroups I am developing. But a physical space... a school of my own to go with my group and T-shirts would be cool too.

No comments:

Post a Comment