Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Kung Fu habits

Noah has taken to waking up to pee at 3am and then going back to sleep. Which means of course I take him to the bathroom and then lie awake for a long time. Sometimes I get up and do some meditation and then some Kung Fu. I don't go out to the park. I usually start inside and then move to the deck. There isn't a whole lot more space but I think being outside makes a difference, if only mentally and spiritually. Why don't I go to the park? Well there is always the chance my kids will wake up and wonder where I am. Plus I'm just worried that people will suspect me of something. There's usually not anyone around, but you know how people are.
That means I can't really get into it. I can to intense stance training, but not intense moving stance training. Which is probably just as well. I just do a little bit, to get things moving, to make myself feel like I did that practice, breathed that chi gung breath and I usually stop to find myself standing because my mind has wandered and the truth is I am tired. I just can't sleep. My mind is racing for some reason.
After all, I can always do some moving stance stuff later. Maybe I should make a habit of it. To do A little bit of moving stance stuff everyday. Not a lot. Just 10 minutes or so. maybe 15. Instead of trying to practice in the playground I should just bring Jonah to the park, a field area and doing a little bit of moving... and then move on to the playground. He would like it. I don't have to get all into it either. I can still talk to him or play with him.  It's always better to just start with a little. A little is more than nothing and the truth is too much can get you injured or put you in a mental place that you don't need to be if you are watching your child.

No comments:

Post a Comment