Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Strawberry picking

Today we went strawberry picking. They hay ride to the picking site showcased the vast orchards etc. I have a friend whose family owns a nice farm and I wondered why they didn't do what this farm did, what with the whole tourist thing and vast orchards. Then I thought about it and realized it must be a lot of work and a lot of investment.
I decided that I want apple orchards of my own. Not in the realistic way that I will plan on how I will acquire one or anything like that. But in the way a little girl builds her little castle in the sandbox with stables here and orchards there. In fact the other day I saw a girl complaining that some little boy (not Jonah) had stepped on her orchards. You know what. While we're at it, I want a Castle.
No but seriously it always seems more cool when the thing that you own, is a business and potentially makes money. Where as owning a mansion or a swimming pool, or that sort of thing is a lot of work and not only costs a lot of money to purchase but also to maintain. Where as owning say, a house up in the woods that you can escape to for a weekend, is also a house that customers can escape to and therefore a potential source of income.
Like owning a skyscraper. That's cooler than owning a castle. What would you do with a castle? Pay for it. Pay taxes on it. I guess you could potentially develop it for tourism. It's difficult though. But if you own Disney World, or Story Land, you are probably making money. And if you're not, you sell it and at least you have that money right?
Anyway the kids were pretty good at Strawberry picking. We only took a few because they go bad the next day anyway. And it was more about the general experience of it. The last time we went Noah would pick the green ones too, which was annoying for us and would have been annoying to the guy who owned the little strawberry field if he saw it. This time he was better about it. And ate quite a few strawberries. His hands looked kind of like he he had murdered someone. Whatever they still made money of us I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment