Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Monday, June 24, 2013

Noodles and a nap

It's pretty hot today and pretty much I've been walking around everywhere today. Mainly because Jonah fell asleep on the way to the library and I pretty much knew there was no way that we would be going back home to nap. Jonah would be napping outside today. I guess I could have sat down at the library while he slept. Actually no I couldn't have because other kids were being really loud. I could have rested outside. But then when he woke up, then what? No I took the opportunity to browse books and find nothing of interest. But I picked up Ferdinand the Bull for the kids later on the train.
I went to pick up some stuff from Stop and Shop, and after all that Jonah woke up on our doorstep. I guess when you are a kid you can doze of in the middle of your travels and wake up at home and it isn't anything unusual. Your parents always carry you there and it is expected. That's pretty cool when you think about it.
In fact someone passed by me and said, "Hey I wish I was him" as they saw Jonah chilling in his stroller.

I think the real reason why Jonah clonked out so hard was because we did several playgrounds followed by, not baos, but Chinatown Cafe. Fau Yuk Wonton mein. Roast Pork Wonton Noodle soup. It was awesome. It wasn't really lunch time yet  so all the meats were hanging there fresh and dripping. The truth is nothing is better than eating that meat right after it's been cut. Eating it even five minutes later is not as good. You have to eat it right there. And then there is really only so much you can eat of that meat anyway. So there's no point in getting so much. Just a few slices on something interesting and fun to play with like Wonton noodles. That's right I said  play with. That's why kids like noodles. Their interesting to try and pick up in you chopsticks. You know I was all excited to eat various snack yesterday because there was a festival and the streets were closed off, but is that food better than what's normally in Chinatown? I don't think so. It's just the excitement of it being sold on the street for just that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment