Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Little Kung Fu Panda

Day two of my new gig teaching little preschoolers Kung Fu. I have to say, it was pretty hot out. And for some reason Jonah just started crying when I taught the class. I guess he doesn't like to share my attention with this new group of kids. Also, while doing push hands I could tell the teacher that was my partner didn't want to touch my sweaty wrists. What's more, none of the kids wanted to touch each other's wrists. They did it last week. But this week was no go. Push hands is usually my excuse to be able to do something while holding Jonah, but it didn't work out.
They liked drumming though. I think the heat just made them not want to move.
Then again, when we were doing the form, some kids were really into it. It's just that the one's that weren't were starting to run towards some toys and if I didn't find something everyone was into fast, the whole system would break down. Of course I did go way over the 15 minute mark too.
I think I'll bring the foam sticks next time and one at atime Kung Fu will be a sword battle. Maybe I'll bring a pad for the hitting the target pad drill too.

No comments:

Post a Comment