Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Little Panda

Today was my first day teaching at Little Panda Mandarin immersion. I'm going to have to relearn all my Kung Fu in Mandarin or at least figure out simpler Mandarin names for some of the moves. I went over some of the words, and learned them but have since forgotten them. Their similar enough to Cantonese for me to hear them and know what they are, but dissimilar enough that I will forget the tone.
Jonah liked the place. He placed with their toys. Then when his drum was taken away he cried. Not used to structure. He's used to Baba doing whatever he wants, only with him. Also I guess he's not used to these kids yet. Next week he probably won't cry.
Surprisingly, the older group of kids lasted for a half an hour. I didn't mind going over my time because of the location. Jonah was just hanging out and playing anyway, and the little play yard is fenced in. In fact after all the kids left Jonah was still playing with their cars and the director said it was cool. I might start teaching an adult class there on the weekends as well. When I say adult I really mean adult and older kids. Older like Noah's age. So a family class. Anyway, Noah has to be able to come and enjoy it and any adult that wants to come has to be willing to play fishy fishy cross my ocean.
I guess my "Sifu's test" to see if you're "sincere" is not making you kneel for a few days or a ton of cash, but it will be to see if you're willing to learn with children and be a positive influence on youth. Of course observing your character is still important. Not all adults are good role models.
Well I definitely felt good after that class. The kids were tired which made the teachers happy and Jonah fell asleep in the stroller.

No comments:

Post a Comment