Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Friday, June 14, 2013

Dragons and playgrounds and Pandas oh my

I taught the Dragon's class Kung Fu today. No Lion Dance, much to their disappointment.
"Where's the lion Head?" I told them it was raining outside and they didn't seem to care/
"Well what is the lion head made out of?" I asked them.
"Paper." they replied.
"And what happens to paper when it gets wet."
"It gets broken and it loses it's color."
After Dragon's class I had scheduled an interview at the Little Panda's Mandarin immersion daycare.
Too close to the time class ended. Well i had scheduled it because as I was doing Kung Fu in the playground across the street from Tufts, a middle aged Chinese woman was looking at me. I looked behind me to make sure she was looking at me and she said, "No.. you. You teach the Kung fu at Kwong Kow right? I remember." Well in any case she had tught at KKCS as well, and like me was no longer teaching there. She wondered if I could teach at the school she taught at now. So basically the interview was scheduled quickly in between  Kung Fu moves. I didn't exactly have my calendar in front of me.
Today the interview went well though. My judge of whether something is worth it for me to do is now whether it is worth it for Jonah to do. And since I will be teaching children around the same age as Jonah and the facility is therefore childproofed for that age it is worth it. The director also said I could use the facility to teach adults. That would be good to because then I'll have someone to buy those T-shirts I ordered.

No comments:

Post a Comment