Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Early Morning Lion Dance

My kids did their first lion dance today, sort of. I mean , they were in fancy uniforms and under a little head and they were on stage. Noah actually kept trying to hog the center of the stage but I didn't want the big head to knock him over. I guess I should have given him a little orange to do choi chiang on the side. The truth is I wasn't sure he would even get under the head because in the past he didn't. Jonah was still afraid so I ended up holding the tail for Noah. Originally I planned for him just to do the moves in the background next to the drum. But in retrospect he has been trained more in the ritual process than in the moves themselves, so I uess he felt out of place when he wasn't given a ritual to perform, instead being a back up to the big head, which was performing the ritual. If I had done the head, I would have been able to interact with Noah, but then what about Jonah, who dropped the tail and kind of didn't want to do it anymore? SO that's why I couldn't do the head this time. Anyway, the audience like my kids and I got a lot of comments about them.
Also, while entertaining my children with the Kung Fu Wheels on the bus, a few people talked to other members of the group asking if we sold DVD's of the Kung Fu wheels on the bus etc. I guess I should make at least one video to put up on Youtube. I know I should have done it already, but I'm just so bad with technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment