Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day

Well the children sort of made Valentines for Mommy (we are working on another one today) and we wrote out Valentines for classmates and teachers last night. Or rather, Grace did this with the children. Of course I ended up short one this morning and I had forgotten to bring the box filled with extras. So one of the absent kids got his crossed out and that one is now Pau pau's.
Noah's Valentines were Despicable me Valentines.
Our family Valentine day plans was going to be take out from Dumpling Cafe. But that might not be possible to carry home with the stroller, which I will also have to carry over poorly shoveled areas, and possibly I may also have to carry Noah. I'm just speaking from my recent experiences.

Anyway, I've been really depressed recently, and I think it started when I decided to be Catholic. I started reading more about all these things about the early Church. Where I had already reconciled myself with Christianity and the balance between polytheistic beliefs and Christianity and all that, reading about all the in fighting among early Christians, before they were even a real established religion kind of through me into misery, especially since I remember reading the Nicean Creed as a kid in Church, and well, Valentines Day is named after a Saint who other Christians attacked for compromising with Roman authorities, and also for believing in a sort of Gnosticism, but then when he was martyred they made him a Saint. In any case I might have to back out of my previous fervor. But I still want my kids to have some sort of relationship with the Church, just like I want them to have a relationship with Buddhism and Taoism and the Chinese Folk Religion and the European Folk religions that their ancestors practiced as well.

The real meaning of Valentine's Day is a pagan love Holiday and this year it coincides with Yuan Xiao jeet which is a Chinese Valentines day with a a different story of course, but it still involves matchmaking and that sort of thing. Well happy Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment