Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Lions, teeth and legos

Today we did lion dance at BCNC are team was made up of me (a Woo Ching White Crane member) Carmen (from GK) various faculty members, Jonah, and for his class, Noah. Jonah was initially going to dance in all the class rooms, but while waiting to set up, he lion danced himself out and when he got into the classrooms all he wanted to do was play with their toys. I guess the most notable thing was kittens classroom. They had made their own lion head and it was both surprisingly simply made as well as surprisingly good looking. I felt kind of stupid because I've been making my own paper mache lion head. This was just made out of a box, but because the face was glued on with different colored construvtion paper, it really popped and it was functional. It made me want to go home and throw out my home made lion heads and just start over That head is realistically something I can make with my kids. What have I been doing with my time?
We stalled afterwards in the playground and they I went to get a dental cleaning. Jonah cried in the beginning until he was given a glove blown up like a balloon and then he fell asleep.
Then we went to the library where there was a legos club. Apparently it meets every Tuesday and 3:30 so we shall be returning to that. We then went to pick up Noah. Alas, Jonah's balloon glove was dropped and because of various air currents flew down into the Green line station and beyond convenience to chase down. I mean I could have easily chased it if I didn't have Jonah in the stroller with me. But why would I have a balloon glove if I didn't have a child with me?
And that was our adventurous day.

No comments:

Post a Comment