Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Food poisoning

Yesterday I tried to put some dinner on the back burner. Like cook some now, and then finish really cooking it later because I just don't like the idea of having a boiling pot on when there are two children in the house. I'm just afraid that I might forget about it. In any case, I never really finished cooking it and thank God I was the only one that ate it and the kids did not. I mistook tender ribs for cooked ribs. Or I have a stomach bug. The point is I spent all last night vomiting. I have noticed that whenever I am vomiting I get particularly religious. I have talked a lot about religion recently so I will leave it at that. I seem to be a bit more patient (sort of) with the kids today because I just don't have the energy to tackle them to the ground and dress them. But I was pretty upset that despite the fact that I explained I had no strength that Jonah still squirmed and wormed, Noah still hit Jonah while walking, and all this other stuff when they could just walk. Just walk. It's not that hard. They must do it at school, Why not do it with me? In any case. All of the things that I figured I wouldn't have to do, carrying, chasing running. I still had to do. Except with more breathing, trying to do it internally, and doing it in a trance. I was not to be f-ed with today. I am weak but when I am weak like that I don't have time to argue. When I got on the packed train, kind women got up so that my children could sit down. I thanked them of course, but did not even hesitate to take the seat. I was too busy propping myself up and trying to wait until I could buy some Gatorade to replenish some electrolytes.

We still went sledding, we are still doing stuff. I guess I will actually take a nap today with Jonah. I need it. So far I've eaten one slice of bread today and that seemed to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment