Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Staying Inside

I had to wait inside the house all day today with Jonah. I guess it's a good thing today was particularly cold. There are good and bad things about staying inside. The first one is that I didn't have to rush in the morning to get the kids out the door and go through several trials of patience, feats of strength and agility and tests of dangerous situations (for them). But it's nice to get out early in the morning, even if it is just to drop of Noah. Because then you've done that. You walked around in fresh air, seen something other than your own house. For activities we painted, did drawing with crayons, played blocks, I brought some snow inside, and of course we watched TV. We also played dulcimer, played drums and did some Kung Fu and cooked lunch and Jonah ate three chicken legs. He also ate a ton of apples. (When Jonah is bored, I think he eats more, and I think he gets it from me.) Going to sleep for nap was more difficult but here he is asleep on my shoulder, Whether he stays asleep when I have to eventually open the door is another question.
Well later today is Lego club at the Library. I will hope to get there for at least part of that, and then pick up Noah, so that Jonah will have seen someone other than me all day. Maybe I'll read a manga while I'm there.
We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment