Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Fire sickness and tantrums. Also the book of Noah.

This morning I had the Bare necessities stuck in my head, so when Grace told me to put on some water for her coffee this morning, I didn't notice that stuck to the bottom of the kettle was a plastic cover for a little lunch box type thing. So anyway, that caught fire and instead of saving time we had to deal with that and the house smelled like burnt plastic. But we were all safe, and the kids actually didn't even wake up until much later. I just made them "Chocolate Bread" which is peanut butter and Nutella sandwiches. We got to Jonah's group later than I would have liked and Noah was flipping out the whole time because he didn't get to push the button at Green street, because I didn't bring any toys for him, and because I didn't bring his Kung Fu journal. I wanted the Kung Fu journal to be just after Kung Fu related activities. Like our Wednesday class. Maybe our Saturday class, and lion dance performances. That way he can look back and see a little Kung Fu book, an entry for each class and event. I got Mr. Lau (he is the janitor at CCBA as well as a gaohu player. He hangs out at the school now and then. Un-relatedly, he can do headstands even though he is probably around 50 or so.)
Anyway I got Mr. Lau to write Chap (spear) of Chap sau (spear hand) for me. So that word is a part of Noah's journal entry as well. It will actually be a good way to learn how to write the Kung Fu moves or phrases.
Anyway, by the time we got to school, Noah was mad about having got to the steps after me. He wanted to be first. Hopefully he figured out he should just have fun at school eventually. I have to say I had had enough what with almost burning the house down in the morning and everything. I still managed to get a little work out in before I picked up Jonah from group. I couldn't do much anyway because my lungs are not fully recovered from that bug I had. I guess it was a virus and not food poisoning after all. Brother Hung's (Fu hok song ying student) younger brother (I don't know his name) seems to have caught it because he had the same worn voice I had had and the guys were passing around a box of bull king anti-poison pills (which I hadn't taken because I couldn't find the ones in my house at the time I was vomiting like crazy) I'm glad the kids and Grace didn't get it though. I

No comments:

Post a Comment