Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Meeting Leland Cheung

On the Chinatown Parade day, as our team walked over to the stage, Tony Yee introduced me to Leland Cheung, Mayor of Cambridge. A lot of stuff was going on. Noah was on my shoulders, my team was heading up on stage. so basically all I did was shake his hand and say hi and keep going. This is unfortunate because I really wanted to get a picture with him.
Why?
It has been an inside joke between Grace and me that we could pass for long lost brothers. Having met him in person I guess we don't really look that much like each other. But if you took a picture of me when I was in the sixth grade and told people that kid grew up to be Leland Cheung, well a lot of people would believe that. We are both mixed and we both have the same last name. In fact seeing him in person was an unexpected event and I guess I was almost so shocked, like seeing yourself in an alternate universe, where instead of having two kids and no job, you are Mayor of Cambridge, that I just sort of went into autopilot and kept moving. Like if I talked to him for too long the Universe would get sucked into some sort of vortex.
Anyway, I have now shook Leland Cheung's hand and I am pictureless. I guess I will have to stalk him at a time when Grace and I show up there together with a camera if I am ever going to get a picture. But that's not going to happen because I just don't have time.
Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment