Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Friday, February 28, 2014

I love my Kung fu journal

I didn't realize how much Noah was going to love his Kung Fu journal. I thought he would be amused at being able to color in a picture about what we just did just like Sid the Science kid. But he loves it so much that he wants to do Kung Fu just so he can then do a Kung fu journal entry about it. In fact that's what we did yesterday. He created his own Mein Lay Jum form and told me that his Mein lay jum was different than mine and that I had to follow him doing his mein lay jum form. I tried to get behind him so I could follow along but he insisted that I mirror him. First of all, I can't believe he wanted to do Mein Lay Jum. Secondly, his form was different than mine, but it looked like a real form. It looked more like a Basic internal Wushu form  because there was not a lot of foot work, but that might have been because we were in a tight space. At any rate, his form matched the surroundings. It was also a short form. But it had some very distinct moves in it that were very cool, not fancy, and very applicable. The weird thing is I have never done those exact moves and yet they are obviously Han Chinese Kung Fu moves. I thought it was pretty cool.
Today, Noah made sure that I brought the Kung Fu journal in my back pack because THAT and not his toy race car or his toy Tiny Pteranadon was what he wanted to bring to school today for show and tell.
He keeps telling me over and over ho much he loves his Kung Fu journal. Well this Saturday he will perform lion dance and I plan on having him journal about that as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment