Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Tooth Fairies and Vicodin

So my oral surgery hurts a lot more than I thought it would. Maybe I'm just a wuss but the pitying looks from the dental students and the warning of "You are going to feel sore." tells me I'm not that much of a wuss. I thought I wasn't going to take the vicodin and just stick with the ibuprofin but once the novacane starting wearing off I was like, "sore" and "slight discomfort" my ass. This shit hurts. Drug me up. I guess it was that they had to shave off a small part of my jaw in order to pull out my tooth. There was much drilling involved (which of course I didn't feel) but as for yanking it out, I did feel part of that.

I figure my tooth is a pretty big gift for the Tooth Fairy, I didn't get to keep it. I kind of forgot to ask. But I went and bought two lottery tickets.

I jhad some interesting dreams on vicodin. I dreamt we went to a Kung Fu School in China (only China looked remarkably like Tai Tung) and the Sifu's whole deal was that the school was filled with all sorts of equipment he made out of plie wood and tires, so the school looked more like Home Depot. And all the equipment was hooked up to pulleys and playground like a equipment, so that everyone was practicing Kung Fu more like it was a playground. And the teacher also babied each student, so that even out of shape middle age women were able to get the feel of doing a flying spin kick, in slow motion thanks to the equipment she hung onto and the teacher kind of guiding the motion. Pretty much all of the students never progressed because the class was more about playing and doing each move for fun, slowly and taking rests, rather than working out. Of course there were two students that were all about fighting and anger and the teacher had to tell those guys to calm down so that they wouldn't hurt themselves too badly while hitting tires.

Then Bo Sim Mark had like three schools in the area too and me and Jing were drinking tea there talking about it. Her schools had various people following along to a video of her when she was younger doing Tai Chi sword.

Then somehow I ended up in an American Mix Martial Arts gym and then I was just watching various fight nights which were semi-real semi-contrived.

Then I woke up thinking it was morning and noting that the pain was not that bad. Then it starting getting worse. It turned out I only woke up because it was 6 hours from when I had taken the vicodin and right on the dot it was starting to wear off. So at 1am I took another pill, and I woke up again at 6:45 for the same reason. Thank you Vicodin. I would hate to have this experience without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment