Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Cheung Family Christmas

Well it's been a while since I blogged because we had a a little Family Roadtrip adventure to go down and visit my side of the family. The white side that I always visited on Christmas. There really is so much to blog about I don't know where to start, so probably these memories will have to present themselves as stories later on. Grace made a fantastic trip plan where we got to stop in New York Chinatown along the way for a yummy meal of Peking Duck and jieu yeem Frog legs.
The first family stop was in Philadelphia to visit my aunt at the House that belonged to my Granfather and then my Grandmother. The house where my mother grew up for the latter end of her Childhood, and where for years the whole extended family would gather fro Christmas and for Summer vacations. I have a lot of childhood memories in that house as do many of my relatives. And for me it was the one time when Family became more than just my mom and me. That house was always a mansion to me and meant a lot in my Psyche. Still does. And it was great to see Noah and Jonah running around in it with extended family too. At one point Noah said, "Baba I don't want to go home I want to live here." And pretty much that was how I always felt when I was a small child too. It was like being part of the America Dream. The America that was on tv. White. Middle Class, many family members, a strong American Patriarch, a big Christmas Tree, manly tools in the basement used for who knows what. Medals and military pictures from WWII. That kind of thing. The America that people in foreign countries think about when they hear America from the good old days. (Well I don't know what the think now but you get my meaning.) 

The kids were being taken care of I got really drunk and that's a story too.

Then we went to Lancaster to my Uncle's House out where the Amish live. Another story.

And then on the way back we went to Flushing and met up with one of Grace's friends who is Aunty to my children as well. Another story.

Finally we are back home and it is Definitely good to be home. And I really Love Boston. But I also like the little differences different parts of America have to offer. And now to finish unpacking and all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment