Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Friday, December 20, 2013

The Jackie Chan Underwear and socks challenge

For whatever reason I was watching Jackie Chan interviews. Actually it was because I was watching "I'll make a man out of you" and they had a vid with Donny Osmond singing and I wanted to see a "live" version of Jackie singing, hence talk show interviews.
In any case, as on many interviews with Jackie he was asked to talk about broken bones, fears, and his washing on his underwear and socks in the shower.
Now I tried this when I was living at a Kung Fu school and it didn't work for me. A) I didn't have a shower B) we didn't really have heat.
But when I tried it yesterday it really was as easy as Jackie said. Basically because I just rinsed that stuff out and put in on top of a heater. It's dry in the house anyway. I think I'm going to try this method for a while. I'm not going to bring my kids in to my craziness, so I will still be doing many loads of laundry. But I figure anything I can do to cut down is good. I think I'm going to try this method for a while though. I had also tried it with T-shirts before, but again you have to dry it in a dry place otherwise the cloth will rot and start to smell terrible. But T-shirts are probably the biggest part of the laundry loads. I think I hadn't done this in a while because I figured, well I have to do Noah's and Jonah's laundry anyway right? But again if I can cut down on laundry this way it would make life better.
Most talk show hosts always give Jackie crap about this, saying he is too cheap or some such thing. Of course he is also cutting down on water usage and the truth is it is just a convenient way to go about being on the road. Just cause they couldn't imagine doing such a thing doesn't mean they should knock him for doing it. Wringing out the cloth also strengthens the wrists. In fact I remember a Western physical therapist telling me to wet a towel and wring it out to strengthen my wrist when I had an injury. ( I was away at school and so I had to visit them in order to prove my wrist was even injured) In any case, If you can wet cloth to wring it out for that purpose, why not get that same thing done while doing a bit of laundry?

No comments:

Post a Comment