Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Monday, May 27, 2013

Zoo Trip

Memorial Day was a big Zoo day apparently. Usually when we go it isn't that crowded. But this time I had trouble finding Noah on the big playground a couple times. A guess animals are cool unless there is a playground. And Playgrounds are cool, unless there are rides. But it's all fairly cheap. We are members so we go pretty often and don't feel the need to see everything. There were some new cranes there so we went over to them and started "Hok HAWWWK! HaWWWWWk" ing and Noah said, "Just lik ethe Kung Fu bus Baba!" And then on to the next thing. We ran into some friends, which was cool. But the kids were so all over the place (when I say the kids I mean our kids) that there was only time for a few words. I think Noah wasn't use to seeing them out of the context of a birthday party or barbecue and seemed confused.
The Giraffes are out, which I think was the most impressive thing we saw. The lion was asleep. The tigers was asleep.
I actually bothered to read the caption for the Tigers this time. I guess they were bought, undercover, from private owners. Apparently there are 5-7,000 tigers in the U.S. owned as pets. Most of them are mixed breeds. I don't know exactly what that means. Different breeds of Tigers? Lion Tigers? House cat tigers? Can you do that?
That does seem kind of crazy though. It's not like you can walk your tiger. What do you feed it?
We didn't bother with the Gorillas this time mainly because we didn't want to go inside a building. We only planned on staying for two hours.
I gotta say the Zoo, the Aquarium, Children's Museum. These places are pretty awesome. I mean even for an adult. It's better to hang out there than to go hang out at the mall. Why didn't I ever hang out at these places as an adolescent? What do I care about whether it is cool or not?  I guess I'd seen it already who wants to pay just to go to something they've already seen? Unless you have kids and it's a vacation like excursion. I feel that rather than closing my life from a lot of things, having kids has opened my life to a lot of things that I would never consider doing as a person without kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment