Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Lion Dance in the morning

Not every kid can say that they just came from a lion dance when they arrive at school. But Noah can. Of course in order to get to the Federation performance at Hei La Moon, right when it was starting I had to wear Jonah in a back pack, and since for some reason, today out of all days, Noah did not feel like running, I had to put Noah on my shoulders. And since we didn't leave as early as I would have liked, I had to run. Okay not run, jog, okay not jog. Some form of movement that was slightly faster than walking. I'm not gonna pretend it was easy. My kids don't weigh that much but I could definitely feel the weight. My legs got a work out. I guess if I did that everyday, I would pretty much be in excellent shape.
Anyway, we stepped into Hei La Moon and right at that moment drums started sounding.. downstairs. I went down just in time and Noah got to watch Lion Dance. I'm not really sue if Jonah watched it or not. I turned to the side so that if he wished to look, he would have been able to.
It was like a simulation of a lion dance for me. I saw it, I heard it, and in a way I felt it because I was tired from carrying the kids and trying to run... or move run-ishly.
Well that was pretty good. Got to school almost on time too.

No comments:

Post a Comment