Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Noah's Secret Mission

The door to our deck opens out, which means it was blocked by snow. We have been keeping things out there as if it were a secondary freezer and in order to get them I would have to climb through the window and shovel out.
"Make Shao do it" Grace said.
At first I thought, "Why?"
Then I realized that even though I could do it by myself, for me it would be a chore. For him, it would be thus fun adventure. A mission. A quest.

"Make sure you plan it out first in writing with pictures and steps. He likes that. Step 1. Step 2. etc. Plus draw out a little map of what you are going to do." Grace continued

This sounds like a lot of work for a simple thing. Well that's how Noah likes it. Jonah was to be look out sinc the didn't want to go out into the snow.

This was the plan.

Step 1. Suit up
Snow pants. Check.
Boots. Check.
Coat and hat. Check.
Child sized shovel. Check.

Step 2. Exit through window.

Step 3. Travel to door.

Step 4. Shovel out door.

Step 5. Enter house through door that will now open.

"How long do you think it will take you?" I asked thinking 10-20 minutes.

"I don't know." said Noah. "Do I get points for this?"

I thought about that one. But knowing this was more of an activity created for him I decided that, "You can ask Mommy if she will give you any points for this. Baba only gives points for two things. Lion Dance class, and Kung Fu class."

We commenced dressing at 10:15.

I took some pictures. But the picture I really wanted was Noah going through the window. But I couldn't hoist him through and take a picture at the same time. Giggling, Noah took off through the snow to the door.

Shovel slam shovel slam shovel slam.

"Noah don't hit the door!" Did I mention the "door" is like a screen/storm window door made of glass?
Anyway. Noah hustled and he was done in 5 minutes. In fact he was done int 2 minutes but he wanted to do an extra thorough job.

"Wow!" I was impressed. "You get a point for that Noah. I didn't think you would finish so fast."

"I just tried to get it done like that as fast as I could so that you would give me points!"

Well it worked.

Mission accomplished and high fives all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment