Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

New Basics

I realized I have been neglecting my Kung Fu forms somewhat. but it is because I have been working on two things, which will eventually have books. One is the internal Lion Dance I have created. But you can't just make something up, or even just adapt something and put it to the side, You have to practice it like it was taught to you and you had to learn it, even though you created it. That's the only way to hone it down to a sharp edge.

Then there is this sequence of basics. I had just been doing basics with a Tian Gong like version of the Sun Alutation with Noah. But then I added a moon salutation. And now I have other Kung Fu and Chi Gung  moves flowing throughout the sequence. It may be too much. Not for me, but for a beginner, and so the child's section of that book will probably have a simplified version. Plus I like that everyone sort of knows a version of the Sun salutation so it could be something where in a class I say, "if you are familiar with the sun salutation go ahead and do that." While I do my own version.

Practicing my basics everyday, sometimes with Noah and Jonah and sometimes by myself has been exciting, because I am working on something that will eventually turn into a solid book that I will circulate and so it seems more real. It feels like I am doing something more than just working out. After all I want to master what I will be teaching.

And I want Noah to master it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment