Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Monday, October 19, 2020

sword

Well our Kung Fu practice started out okay
 Dai dai doesn't have to participate today because he has dance. Shao chose our wali g path. I was almost going to let him get away with just bringing the baseball bat on the walk and swinging it around and having him do his sword form once...and thatbwould be it. But he didn't bring the bat. Usually the bat is actually an incentive to get him to walk.  He chose a more dangerous path to walk in terms of having to watch out for cars. I'm not sure why he did this but I allowed him to chose because it was just me and him...and because I didn't know any better. There is more traffic than there was and we won't be doing that again.  We got back and did some sword fencing drills with old canes that I was supposed to throw away. Ut instead, left leaning again trees. We moved on to free style sword fighting with the canes and he swung wildly at my to the point where I was nervous he would let go and hit our windows despite the fact that we were outside. I tried to explain to him.why he shouldn't do that, but I didn't force him to stop. But after a while it was simply testing fate and I said to love o  to doing the two man form...which we did once and he didn't seem to want to do ut more times in order to get better at it. So I moved on to his form that he usually performs...which looked particularly terrible, but it might have been because of the weight of the cane. So I switched with the nice looking prop sword we have. It looked better but I had a correction on how to get it better by using more ding lik. He used the sword as a cane, ruining the point, and complained and whined.....and basically is refusing to do the form one more time. On the up side...he is playing outside with rocks and that is better than screens. So despite the fact that he has homework to do, I am going to let him "win" and get away with it because he is playing outside, using his imagination as opposed to sneaking of and playing screens like an addict.....oops he just came in. Guess it's time to start homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment