Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Thursday, October 29, 2020

5 Tibetan Rites

Well I was increasingbthenreps if these exercises until I got to 21...and the  I skipped a day and honestly.. I realized that to do this first thing in the morning, I had to leave the reps at 3. I realized I was avoiding doing it because it was too much. And I figured I can do 21 reps later in the day...and if I miss it...then no biggie. I meditate afterwards and today I started doing some BJJ exercises but slow...like Tai Chi and mixing in some Kungfu moves and Yoga stuff too. It was a pretty good warm up and not too intense. Put some pushups in there too but more like Yoga. Just holding it. It's cool to do the BJJ stuff when you are barely awake because you go to your back. And some of those Hung Gar like external chi Gung moves actually look a lot like they were meant to be chokes using Gi like clothing...Han Fu. I added in some standing Tai Chi Esque Drunken leg holding exercises and Wushu kicks too. You know I think there are certain drills that I can totally integrate with other sparring games I have created to make push hands more fun or relatable....but all if those ideas are really for in person learning at a Moh Goon style setting. Which just isn't going to happen in the next couple of years. But its fun to dream and work through stuff in my mind. Stick fighting cab totally be done with social distance...but considering we never had much formal sparring...why am I obsessed with it? The traditional forms and  basics...they were good enough for me. And lion dance...which can totally be done socially distanced...is really the major interaction that we have done with the community whether it is Chinatown or the suburbs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment