Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Kung Fu Writing

My older son has trouble writing...or right now...schooling in general... and even Kung Fu ing. I told him I wanted him to start journaling. I dont even care what he writes about. The point is he had to get used to gathering his thoughts on paper without fear and anxiety. I noticed he even got stuck when being asked to draw something. But drawing was not a problem for him before. Interestingly, if he just does freestyle Kung Fu by himself, not in front of an audience, he will not be at a loss for moves. His moves may get repetitive, but he can play and play and duck and swing and cut with his weapon of choice, the baseball bat. But in terms ofnwritingbor even speaking, he tends to be more repetitive. He will want to repeat what he has heard online or read somewhere, randomly actually. But when I try to get him to drill in Kung Fu, to do the same thing over and over, to develop skill and strength, he finds this extremely boring and won't do it. Weird huh? I guess journaling is. Form of repetitive freestyle. For whatever reason
..he just doesn't want to do it. But I am going to have to start getting on him to do this simple task in addition to his school work. Because I know that after he has written more the writing will just come. He will he able to respond immediately to simple written questions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment