Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Tuesday, October 27, 2020

gansfeld effect.

I did a semi failed attempt at the gansfeld effect...and will do the same tonight.the blindfold was not as instructed and I did not use head phones...and I will do the same thing tonight because now uts lare and what am I going to do. But interestingly I did have some intense dreams afterwards. I actually saw my Sifu and he taught me some Drunken fist....but what is interesting is that this encounter was not like you would imagine in a movie and if anything, is kind of a reflection of the difference between my experience of Chinese America and also China and  hinese culture or vs. What you usually see on TV or as represented by China as well. Of course everyone has a different perspective but of course my dream is probably going to reflect mybspecific Childhood and experience. Which will differ from even say...my kids....especially bow that they are living in a different place and I can't take them to Chinatown regularly and yes even Chinatown has changed.  But anyway what was weird was that we in a tiny convenient type of store...a store I have never been too, but have fantasized about owning especially once the pandemic kicked off. Yes...you will find my "fantasies" kind of...maybe depressing? Or odd? Like what I find very comforting about Chinese culture is not the antique shit that looks like it should be in a museum I would make a museum to the old Chinese restaurants of the 80's and Gambling chips and dice that were all around the apartment and the smells and cloths and looks of my father...and yet in this dream I saw my Sifu and not my father...and it wasn't flattering. We didnt practice on a mountain or some shit. We were in a dark small room on sacks of rice...probably because I thought the ultimate business would be a a small room that you could reach Kung Fu out of, but also sell rice and toilet paper and just random items that people needed. Anyway, he showed me some moves...which I kind of forgot if I'm honest...but the concept was if I could use the Gung Lik he had in his youth or maybe half of it but in that direction of training, in a drunken form....that's something nobody has even seen before, not even in a movie...so maybe I should work on that. These are all concepts I have thought if before and si ce mybSofu recently passed... basically none of this is weird or spiritual per se....and I did the Ganfeld effect on myself so of course I'm gonna have weird dreams.... nonetheless I'm gonna go ahead and give it a go again tonight ..cause why not? (And maybe partbof me is kind of thinking in a spiritual manner too) why not do it right? Ehhh....I tried but I only have time now so...it is what it is. I also spent some time drawing pictures with Dai and I took the concepts from the dream to write a little story. More Fantasy. Dragons and what not. But still the sacks ofnrice and a Moh goon which is a boat in a harbor...kind of in the Naga Realm or spirit world... ot sure why I had to make that clear...maybe I should have just made it more ambiguous. But anyway...I have always dreamt and fantasized, but my dream and fantasies are tied to my class (or perceived class) and experience. And it's annoying that uts mostly a magical.mountain or something where things get passed on on a movie. Not that I am against mountains and beautiful nature ...but actually that is so cliche. Oh...I also just so happen to live on a mountain. Maybe you spirit place has to be somewhere your not. Well let's see what the static and blind fold bring about tonight 

No comments:

Post a Comment