Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Monday, June 9, 2014

Who's in Charge

Now that Noah is longer in school this sibling rivalry, or I guess I should really just say competition for stuff, attention is getting a little out of hand. I finally gave in and turned on PBS kids and things seem to be settled now. I guess ultimately that's why I turn the tv on. It just seems like it is easier. Kind of like how in Afghanistan I saw on tv that the grandmothers just give the kids opium, like a chocolate, and they fall asleep for like 10 hours. I wonder how that effects a child's development. Some scientist should look into that. Not for social justice or anything. I would just like to know to know. Cause if those kids turn out okay then......
Actually I think the same program said they turn into addicts.

But at least Super Why teaches them to read.
They are really into Nick Jr. now too. But I hate that channel, except Peppa pig. And even the shows I don't hate. I hate the commercials. Trying to trick my kids into injecting sugar into their veins.

Don't worry, they will buy your stuff okay. If not your Coke then your water and whatever else it is you own.

Sometimes I feel like becoming one of these hippie Vegan farming my own organic foods freaks. Not because I don't want to kill animals. Not for social justice. and not to live a healthier life. Though all of these things have crossed my mind. But more like, "Fuck you how about I don't buy your stupid shit."
Or more realistically, "I will kindly refrain from buying ALL of your useless waste." But somehow somewhere I will probably still be buying something from these corporations that run the world.

That's what runs it too. The Corporation. Not the CEO or the board of that corporation but this inhuman entity in itself. The reason why hippy social justice people sound all crazy and conspiratorial is that I  think what really is happening is that the "people running the world" are just going with what people "want" and they are also creating that "want" through advertising and really it's just a vicious cycle where we are all losing control of our lives, world environment, and we can't stop ourselves.

Look at it this way. Who is in charge of this house? I mean when I am home with the kids. I am right? And what we all want is for the kids to be happy, and smart, and healthy and learning something and having fun.
But we are tired at the playground, or hungry, and Noah might enjoy my little programming game I tried to copy from the one at the Science Museum but Jonah decided that he wants attention so he starts dumping things on the floor at the library. (We are at the library because he started trashing the house to get attention and I mistakenly thought a change of scenery would change behavior.)

Jonah likes being read to but Noah is demanding my attention for something else.

So Jonah pulls out the trump card. "Pee Pee!!!!!"
But eventually we got home and took a nap. Or rather Jonah did. And I wanted to. But Noah has to be monitored. He probably won't get into trouble. It just a matter of principal. (No it isn't it's a matter of laws regarding negligence. Actually not really. In the back of my mind it's just a matter of "what if" and "better safe than sorry.")

Well Noah was quiet content. And then when Jonah woke up they were both quite content. And then a war started over rice crackers.

That's why the tv is on.

Is that what they wanted?

No comments:

Post a Comment