Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Monday, June 2, 2014

Children's Dentist Adventure

Noah and Jonah had their first trip to the Dentist today. It was confusing because Noah no longer goes to school and today is the first day of not going to school on a school day, and yet we still had to ride the T in to Tufts Medical Center. Jonah was pretty chill and almost fell asleep in the chair. The only thing I didn't like in regards to him was he got X-rays, and I was thinking, "does he really need these?" like do the risks to health benefit what it is they need to see when he is so young? Might be common practice, but still they wear the lead outfits for a reason. Noah has had X-rays because we thought he had a serious problem (but it turned out to be constipation. I'm all for modern medicine, except when you are risking cancer just to look at something you could probably figure out without an x-ray. And yet I go along with it anyway.

Noah did not get X-rays because he wouldn't get in the dentist chair and in fact escaped down the hall. Three dentists had to chase him down and then try and talk to him. After seeing Jonah do his while thing, Noah also ended up getting most of the check up done including the teeth cleaning.

After that we ended up eating lunch in Chinatown. By lunch I mean ngau cherngs (I should have just gotten and order from a restaurant) I had considered bringing Zongzi, but we ate those for breakfast.

Today was the Dragon Boat holiday, all we did was eat Zongzi, but I think we will try and check out the races on the 15th.

We stopped off at a playground before lunch and I actually got it some chi gung/Kung Fu in the shade. It felt good mentally.  I got all into it and I felt like I was in the right environment, maybe because I often see old guys doing tai chi in that very park. Only I did it real hard like, but I wouldn't consider it a work out. I think I'm going to try and do more of these little Kung Fu breaks more often. But it feels better to do it in Chinatown than in JP for some reason. I've gotten more into it in JP and sweat more because space allowed. But it felt better at that dinosaur park. Maybe because the park looks more Chinese, maybe because it is practically abandoned during the day. And maybe because maybe even if it looks funny to see a white guy doing stuff instead of an old Chinese guy, it just seems like something that belongs.

On the way back to JP Jonah fell asleep in my arms. So I stuck him on the bench at Stony Brook playground. I stripped Noah down and he played in the sprinklers while I did calisthenic like things as well as some chi gung stuff. But I wasn't feeling it.

Then this lady wearing her two live snakes stopped by the playground. Jonah was asleep but Noah got to touch and play with the snakes, until I started getting annoyed that he didn't listen to the owners advice. Which was no fast movements around the snakes head. They were boa constrictors, but still, I would rather not tempt fate.

 All in all it was a fun day. It was rough getting home from the playground and there were many times when I had to carry both children. But we didn't have to deal with rush hour at all, and I actually attempted to clean the house with the children for an hour. It didn't get that clean, but the fact that there was an attempt means something.

We did some handwriting and were preparing for story time when Mommy got home, so we did bath time instead while Mommy cooked. (she likes to cook. If she didn't, then I would cook. But when I cook, she just cooks again, which means wasted food and even more dishes.)

And now it looks like dinner is ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment