Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Monday, June 16, 2014

The old routine.

Today was the first day we went to the tot lot in a long time. It is not as relaxing as it used to be because although I no longer have to worry about my children's safety so much, I now have to worry about Jonah either throwing sand, or grabbing things from other children. I guess since he is no longer so small he is testing out doing some of these things to other children, as they were done to him when he didn't have the coordination to defend himself.
It became so much of an issue that it was the reason why we left a little early. And instead of eating lunch on the way home, we decided to eat at the pond. I packed peanut butter, jelly, and some bread. I only had one slice though, and the rest was this "monkey bread" which is sort of like cake. I'm not sure what is so monkey about it.
And guess what? I look for the knife I packed, and it's not there, because I didn't pack it. I ended up using my toothbrush (I always have our toothbrushes packed now) to scoop out and spread the peanut butter. It worked better than you would think I obviously used the handle to do this and not the brush.
I will admit it somehow seemed sacrilegious to do this.

Then we went home to "read stories" and "nap." That did not happen. But when the kids started re-enacting various episodes of Peppa pig and were having actual conversations with each other, I figured I shouldn't interfere with that.

Actually we didn't go straight home. I picked up a book from the library (Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere) and some bread from Whole Foods, because I had seen it on sale at the front the several other times I had brought the children through there (and not bought anything but just used it as a sensory exercise while calling out the fruits in Chinese) I usually only buy something there when I am sent on some sort of craving mission by Grace.

Then we got home and then the kids moped around saying they were "so tired" but at the same time trying to distract themselves and keep themselves awake. The plan had been to put Jonah down for his nap and then do some gardening with Noah. But eventually I got fed up with trying that and stuck Jonah in the stroller. Noah started rioting on account of we weren't gardening, and Grace called asking to meet at Stony playground. Noah rioted further because he had now wanted to go to a different playground. Noah kicked Jonah in the head several times while sitting on the stroller handle and eventually it was Noah on my shoulders, Jonah asleep in the stroller.
(I forgot to mention that my shoulder is stiff from carrying them both at Flume Gorge)

Well once we got to the playground Noah had some fun in the sprinklers and Jonah continued to nap. Grace arrived and we decided to divide the children. Grace went home with the sleeping one and started cooking and me and Noah hung out at the playground.

Noah Pretended to take orders and cook food for me for a really long time. And was talking to several girls. To busy to be pulled away and go home. I actually know those children from before Noah started going to school But I don't think Noah really remembers them. It's just that they are his age.

Well he started cooking for them too and then had some meeting with another in the bushes.

Finally we were off and after arriving we had to take the tricycle for a spin around the block before going inside.

Back to the old routine, (or lack thereof) If only they would nap when they were supposed to.

Or I suppose I just should have pulled out the stroller technique earlier. But then Noah and I don;t have any down time and that only ends up in fatigue and sickness.

No comments:

Post a Comment