Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Experiments and the Museum of Science

Today I double booked Noah. I had a Museum of Science pass and Grace had signed him up for some brain behavioral experiment. He played some games, they monitored his brain activity through this little brain cap, no risks there except for his comfort, and he actually liked it. Jonah played some games, I answered a 2 hour survey.
Then we got the hell out of there (they actually did not want to leave) and went to the Museum of Science.
The Museum of Science is way more awesome than you remember. I mean, it was already awesome, but now they have a body exhibit with all this data they can collect on your body. The kids touched a sheep's heart and lungs (I know they had that before, but still cool) and then there was this like arcade of games, that was a little old for them, but guess what? I was playing those and the kids were doing their thing.

Then part of that same arcade-like section was math and programming type stuff too. I guess arcades don't exist anymore. So now they have arcades as learning tools. And their awesome.
We're going again in two weeks.

I'm not sure how much a membership costs, but belonging to that club is definitely better than belonging to say a gym, or some other such thing. I mean, thy have gym like things too, it's located in an area with a nice view...I just feel so awesome any time I visit. The only thing was Jonah was tired as hell and we did stay too long.
We went to Haymarket, got pizza for an afternoon snack. (Lunch had been Zongzi on the train.)

Then we played a little at Stony Brook Playground sprinklers. Walking back was a chore as usual.

Sometime (maybe tomorrow) I will have to bring out the wagon, and on the way back from little panda, hang out at Stony Brook, maybe bring a change of clothes for me and the kids and then wagon it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment