Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Take Three breaths





For my children's classes I do a brief meditation that lasts three breaths. Followed by nine more breaths, with the hands moving, 3 front, 3 to the side and three up.

I did this yesterday for Three different classes, actually four. Three preschool classes and one fourth grade class in JP

The main reason I choose three is because I know kids are not going to sit still for a 20 minute mediation.

However, part of Chi Gung and Kung Fu is that you are supposed to breathe and be doing it throuighout the day if possible. Like all the time. While you are walking or waiting, whatever.

But the difference I felt from closing my eyes and doing the three breaths, should me that I was definitely not doing this. If three breaths can make such a difference, imagine the 20 minutes of meditation? I have to get back into doing that.



No comments:

Post a Comment