Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Friday, September 30, 2016

Meditation

I have been sick. So no push ups. Classes and stuff yes of course.
But I noticed that throughout the day, the only time I don't feel sick, is when I am meditating, concentrating on my breath.

When Meditation becomes something more than a warm up, when it becomes the purpose of the "workout" the main thing. It becomes more sacred, even without the trappings of incense and an altar.

Da Jau

Hit sit.

There is something about the Kung Fu meditation,

The one I learned

or perhaps the way I learned that is harder (not more difficult) but something more of a hammer or a fist.

Not that the yogic candles and meditation isn't fantastic.

I have a Tibetan prayer bowl and a rock and a dragon and a statue to Nike.

But inside there is something still of the old Moh Goon.

The one that the floor and cold tile is hard.

Air is mixed with oil from cooking, incense and cigarette smoke.

Instead of chanting there is the talking of herng ha politics.

Now my meditation is on a carpeted floor, or the grass,

and the altar is built on a shaky shelf, with no offerings of incense.

Dragons and rocks and knives that are special only because of where they came from.

Heirlooms and gifts.,

The truth is it's all in your mind.


 The Kung Fu, The Meditation, The Essence.


No comments:

Post a Comment